Our churches faithfully worship Christ regardless of the challenges we face. Yet, in an emergency we may have to adapt our schedule for everyone’s safety and welfare. If services are interrupted, please worship at home or in small groups and be alert to the needs of others. Your church cares for every member and the community we serve for Jesus.
Under a Hurricane or Tropical Storm Advisory
(We are in the projected path of a storm)
- Use all means of communication (email, phone calls, social media and web site) to let your congregation know you will continue to hold all services as scheduled unless a the National Weather Service issues a Hurricane Watch or Warning.
- Other activities may be cancelled or rescheduled on a case-by-case basis
- Use your best judgment as to whether you can safely attend services
Under a Hurricane Watch or Warning
(A hurricane is present or forecast within 48 hours and civil authorities have advised the public to stay off the roads and to seek shelter.)
- Use all means of communication (email, phone calls, social media and web site) to let your congregation know all services and activities will be cancelled until the storm has passed.
- Your church will will use all means of communication to update you with specifics.
After a Hurricane
- Make every effort to hold scheduled services if at all possible.
- Respond to pastoral emergencies as quickly as possible.
- Try to check on members, as able.
- Check the church’s voicemail regularly, as able.